///Aotearoa Printmaker::Visual artist

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Afro comb digital experiments


The top image is actually an animated gif file, and the original is below.

I enjoy finding pictures that I appeal to me on the internet, adding to them or breaking them down to a degree where I feel they are finished.

Today I had a played around with an image of a old antique traditionally made hair comb from the Pacific Islands, and added text that relates to the comb which is 'Afro'.
I placed an effect on the image called 'old film', I just really love that Old school look it gives the image. I chose the old English font for the text because my younger teenage siblings use it alot when they get there clothing 'personalised'. I like the connections associated between the ancient comb, & the text.....a series perhaps?

I'll just keep playing and let these experimental works evolve.

No comments:

Blog Archive